Tuesday, June 22, 2010

See the resemblance?


Anyone who has had a college class with me probably knows that my favorite way to get through a class is by drawing the professor. That little habit is now coming back to haunt me. Halfway through my last class, I looked up and one of the girls who had finished working early was drawing something. I asked her what it was and she started giggling and tried to hide it. Her friends all started laughing and saying "teacher, it's you!" At first, the artist started denying it, "no, not you, not you!" but then her friends pointed out that the person in the picture had on the same outfit that I did and the same hairstyle. At this, she started blushing, covering her face and saying, "I'm sorry, teacher!"

See the resemblance? Super tall, size 0, and Asian...? I have to say, I was never quite as generous to the subjects of my drawings.

The sad part was, when I asked her if she wanted to be an artist, she shook her head violently and said that her father hits her when she draws pictures! He wants her to be a teacher. Unfortunately, that's the story with many of my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment